Thursday, March 10, 2011

Violin | Fiddler Told The Children See Their Feelings For Cascade

Sawtooth Notes from the theme of "Jaws", the film can give more robust adult chills.
But when Swiler Kanim, a violinist, he played for a group of students from kindergarten Cascade View Elementary School, was the song they have maintained a claim over and over again.
Swiler Kanim, the mononym two words for the American Indian musician Richard Marshall, he spent a week at Snoqualmie school as artist in residence, teaching children with their gifts to build community.
And learn how to play the most frightening of the two musical notes, have all made a big smile on their faces.
The power of music is essential in the message Swiler Kanim brings his violin.
"There are songs that make me happy," said the kindergarten, even when I thought there were monsters under my bed. "
One of these songs is that the old standard kiddie "Pop Goes The Weasel," where he played in another location, from behind his back between his legs, whether or not the arc.
For children, said: "You can do this song too scary?"
Having children to speak their mind is a kind of the purpose of these presentations, Swiler Kanim said.
"I hope to inspire self-expression that all the honors," he said. "If I n honor the gifts I received, I hereby n of those around me. When I honor my creative side like that, the community around me is honored. The 'real added value for intellectual property of art. "
A man who described TV 's Fred Rogers as one of his heroes, Swiler Kanim encouraged students to "feelings".
"A process of health education involves a process of reflection. This process of reflection involves emotional intelligence," he said. "When you recognize that there are things you can choose to make them happy, this is the beginning of a stake in society healthier."
During the week, Swiler Kanim talked to older children too. School with the fifth graders, he repeated the message to celebrate a 's feelings.
"Honor is a choice," he said. "I hope they choose to honor their feelings rather than hide them with things like medicine."
The result of a community of children who respect their feelings, in turn, make others realize their feelings are special, too, "he said.
"How to honor their feelings, they will honor those of others," he said.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008