Monday, May 2, 2011

Sustainability | Local Designer Denise Shardlow Merges Comfort, Style And Sustainability

Denise Shardlow often jokes that she is wearing your pajamas in public likewearing.
The Levit town native, who now lives and works in Elkins Park, is the founder of Shardlow Designs - a comfortable, stylish fashion line crafted from sustainable bamboo and soy products.
"My customer is someone who wants the mix of style comfort, and individuality," says Shardlow. "I Design clothing deliberately you can not do all three days and can work for any occasion."
Shardlow, who sells most of her clothing line, which explains that designing was something she fell into at an early age. "I started out Suppose I designing things I want to spend," she says. "So then at aller average pre-teen, I got clothes-shopping frustrating and naturally just started making my own clothes."
Ten years ago, started Shardlow selling homemade handbags and local boutiques business as a designer began to cancel.
She introduced bamboo and soy fabrics four years ago and was immediately attracted to the environmentally friendly nature the products. Shardlow fabrics inspired the creation of clothing line has become a full-blown business.
But Shardlow explains that "going green" was not really a conscious decision. Instead, it was more of evolution.Shardlow says she's spent her whole life trying live simply and knowing the world 's resources. Sustainability became as part of their natural routine and she influenced how ran her business.
Now It consists, according Shardlow s and leggings everything from tunic tops with elaborately constructed dresses and coats. Newest addition includes her clothing collection called the Oragami versatile dress. The proof can viscose bamboo-wear in more than 20different ways.
"I like things with more then one form," says Shardlow. "I enjoy coming up with different ways to wear one piece."
The ability to spend Shardlow 's clothes in different ways is something sets her apart from other designers. There are a number of online the items are reversible and, because they from bamboo fabric, they do not wrinkle easily. Characteristics make designs are the perfect choice for summer vacation. "When Itravel, I like simplicity and best packing light," says Shardlow. "That's one of the greatest benefits of my line. I just myclothing roll up into a ball, put a rubber band around it and throw it in my suitcase."

0 comments:

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008